Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fit is It


By Molly McGrath

After months of rolling around on my basement floor trying hopelessly to instruct myself through myriad exercise DVDs, and hours of considering the financial magnitude of a gym membership, I had given up. Monumental registration fees and long-term contracts were the demons that scared me away from the gym and into my basement, where I stretched, crunched, lifted, flexed, squeezed…and right back upstairs for a snack. “Home-Gym” had become my own personal oxymoron. It just wasn’t working out. It’s not you “home-gym”… it’s me


So there I was, with nowhere to exercise, a fitness vagabond. It was time to face the music.


Ok, enough with the dramatic overtones. It was literally time to face the music—I signed up for Jazzercise. This is not the leg-warmer-wearing, leotard-sporting Jazzercise of the past, though, ladies. We are talking 60 minutes of fast-moving, heart-pumping, calorie-burning FUN! Combining moves from hip-hop, yoga, Pilates, jazz dance, kickboxing and resistance training, your friendly instructor will lead you through routine after routine set to tunes from yesterday and today. You can burn up to 500 calories in one session!


Don’t be nervous about joining this group fitness class alone or not knowing the dance moves: everyone is very welcoming and works at their own pace. Do your best and have a great time doing it! (And if you’re really nervous you can visit jazzercise.com and learn the moves ahead of time!)


Jazzercise is a lower-cost, high-impact, high-fun way to get fit. With classes offered multiple times a day, almost every day, it’s a perfect match for any schedule. Join an exercise community! Look great, feel great, break up with bad habits and make fit… FUN.


There are Jazzercise locations all over the state. Find one near you at jazzercise.com.

No comments: